Wye Valley NHS Trust - RMC Business Administration Apprentice
You will be expected to develop the skills to support the delivery of a comprehensive and effective administrative service to support the efficient running of Outpatient Reception Services and the Referral Management Centre Teams.
Main duties of the job
- To confirm patient attendance on Maxims EPR, amending demographic details as required to ensure data quality (as per Standard Operating Procedures) is prioritised at all times
- To greet patients in a professional manner upon arrival, provide information relevant to their appointment and direct them to the appropriate waiting areas. To notify patients of extended waiting times if delays are occurring
- To process all patients following attendance
- To liaise with relevant medical secretaries or Referral Management Centre for advice on appointment allocation to ensure patients are seen within the correct timescale as directed by the clinician
- To make changes to patient appointments on the EPR Maxims system as required and deal professionally and courteously with all patients wishing to check or rearrange appointments both at the reception desk and also within the referral management centre
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT and the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we’d want for our family and friends.
More than 3,000 people work for the Trust – they tell us it’s a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: “The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff; a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential.”
Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence – are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time…all the time.