Weston Cider - HR Apprentice
As a HR Apprentice, you will work as part of the HR team to support the HR Business Partners with a variety of HR administration tasks covering all elements of the employee lifecycle.
Some key duties include supporting with all elements of HR administration (covering the whole employee lifecycle), recruitment and onboarding, payroll and training. For the right candidate, there is also possibility for wider exposure to HR tasks and projects.
- To support the HR Business Partners with HR administration covering all elements of the employee lifecycle.
- Support in the delivery of a comprehensive HR service to the business.
Responsible for HR Administration covering all elements of the employee lifecycle including but not limited to;
- New starter paperwork
- Changes to terms and conditions paperwork
- Leaver paperwork
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- Placing job advertisements online / newspapers.
- Complete CV screening in partnership with the hiring manager.
- Schedule and conduct first stage interviews with the hiring manager.
- Reply to unsuccessful candidates at interview stage.
- Draft offer paperwork for new starters.
- Complete HR inductions with all new starters, organising the inductions and training on their first day.
- Supporting with probation paperwork, chasing managers, updating HR system and trackers. Escalating any concerns to the HR Business Partners.
- Responsible for ensuring correct administration is completed for new starters, employee details changes and leavers with regard to employee benefits. Ensuring third parties and files/spreadsheets are kept up to date.
- Responsible for keeping the Pensions portal up to date, providing monthly reports.
- Issue eye test vouchers as and when required.
- Order annual flu jabs and disseminate vouchers to employees accordingly.
- Complete weekly payroll tasks, including collation of payroll paperwork for processing, checking pay slips and reporting back any errors, printing and administering paper pay slips.
- Support with monthly payroll tasks and reports.
- Responsible for processing all training records and certificates ensuring the correct systems and databases are accurate, current and up to date at all times.
- Responsible for setting up new starters on Aviva e-learning portal and removing leavers.
Absence & Medicals:
- Support with annual medicals, including processing paperwork, scheduling monthly appointments.
- Process employee absence/sickness paperwork, updating HR system & Focus, ensuring fit notes are saved to the employee files (as well as passed for payroll) and return to work forms completed for every absence.
- To provide reception cover over lunch breaks and as and when required.
- Support with raising PO for training, agency workers, medical questionnaires other HR related costs.
- Ensure organisational charts are up to date.
- Act as a point of contact for any HR queries.
- Supporting with holiday queries and Cascade changes.
- Support with company audits.
- Support with organising long service award lunches.
- Support HR Business Partners as and when required with employee relations casework.
- Support with any other HR administration activities.
To perform any other duties within their capability and related to HR or the team.