The Wye Clinic Accounting Administration Assistant
A brief overview of the role
To provide a high quality, professional reception and administrative service to patients, doctors, staff, colleagues, health service professionals and others. To act as the first point of contact for patients contacting The Wye Clinic and to portray the clinic in the highest possible professional basis. To ensure that enquires from patients are efficiently and courteously handled to the mutual satisfaction of the Senior Management Team and patients.
- Greet patient and visitors to the clinic
- Manage the phone calls into the clinic via the telephone switch board, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly.
- Book in, amend and cancel patient appointments in line with The Wye Clinic appointments procedures, ensuring optimum efficiency of the appointment system.
- Ensure that patients without appointments but who need ‘urgent consultations’ are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Escalate the booing shortfall to the secretarial team.
- Response to/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
- Explain The Wye Clinic arrangements and formal requirements to new patients.
- Enrol new patient on the computer system.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment, process finance requests and issue receipts.
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc are filed as per the private consultants request.
- Ensure the waiting and reception areas are kept neat and tidy
- Undertake administration tasks as allocated on a weekly Rota
- Action start and end of day procedures
- Ensure up-to-date maintenance of both computerised and manual filing system (i.e. patient notes)
- Ensure all admission paperwork is ready for next day admissions
- Specific Duty – Nil on joining
- Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Clinic Policies and Procedures
The post-holder’s work assignment is determined by the requirements of The Wye Clinic, Senior Management Team and the patients.
The Administration Manager provides immediate line-management for the post-holder. However, the post-holder is expected to be self-directed and self-motivated using their own initiative and requiring minimum input from the Operational Director. The Post-holder’s work is formally reviewed by annual appraisal.
The post-holder must be proactive in forward planning, identifying and implementing improvements within and beyond their key result areas, anticipating and communicating future internal and external requirements.