Steiner Academy Hereford - Learning Support Assistant Apprentice
A brief overview of the role:
To support the education and welfare of pupils including those identified with Special Education Needs or Disabilities (SEND).
- To support, (under direction) the education and welfare of pupils including those with identified Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND)
- To assist the class teacher/Main Lesson/subject teacher to support the inclusion of all pupils.
- To support the educational, personal, social and behavioural needs of those pupils.
- To promote pupils’ self-esteem and independence.
- To support the principles and ethos of the school.
- To work with small groups of pupils or one-to-one where appropriate.
We are looking for LSAs who have:
- A positive attitude, a willingness to learn and excellent communication skills;
- The ability to build positive relationships with children who may display challenging behaviour;
- An empathic, patient and caring approach and the ability to support children struggling with expectations and boundaries and/or academic progress;
- An understanding of the needs of children who may have social, emotional and mental health needs;
- A good basic level of education
- A feeling for our natural environment;
- The ability to work independently
Availability in term time during normal school hours