St Thomas Cantilupe CE Primary School - Early Years Apprentice
A brief overview of the role:
To work in our school nursery with children from 2 years upwards; To create an environment in which children’s unique identities are supported and cared for; To work as a reliable, caring member of a team; To have the desire and aptitude to develop professional skills and abilities
You will work alongside our existing team of highly trained Nursery Practitioners to assist in ensuring that young children over the age of 2 learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
With our guidance and following the apprenticeship training program you will be able to:
- Plan and Supervise child initiated and adult led activities which are based around the interests of each individual child
- Support children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play
- Develop key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure
- Observe each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their observations
- Meet the care needs of the individual child such as helping them eat, changing nappies/assisting with visiting the toilet
- Develop skills to work in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child
The Diocese of Hereford Multi Academy Trust and its academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers, to share the same commitment . This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and will follow a safer recruitment policy.