SCHAEFFLER - Customer Service Coordinator Apprentice
Your Career – Our Future
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Together we make motion safer, cleaner and smarter. We see the challenges of the future as opportunities, which is why – as an automotive and industrial supplier – we want to be pioneers in all aspects of our work. In doing so, we rely on an innovative, open and trusting work environment.
Join our team – and make the world move smarter as you take your career to the next level
What will the apprentice be doing?
Customer Service Coordinators must have the ability to prioritise, work methodically, use own initiative and work calmly under pressure. An excellent, confident telephone manner together with the ability to proactively build positive customer relationships is a pre-requisite for the role.
- Answering the telephone would be 60% of the daily duties & 40% would be administrative tasks.
- Provide accurate information to customers on product availability, lead times, superseded part numbers and pricing.
- Accurately process customer orders received by telephone, e-mail or other means using our SAP/R3 computer system (full training is provided).
- Monitor and check orders received from customers electronically (EDI)
- Arrange collections from customers as required.
- Raise credit notes for returned goods.
- Monitor our delivery performance to ensure we meet our service level agreements.
- Liaise with our warehouse despatch team to ensure on time delivery.
- Work within a team environment to provide cover during defined trading hours.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues or escalate to management as required – Ensuring that the correct procedure is adhered too.
- Maintain customer databases and provide internal support to external sales representatives.
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent relationships with UK based and international customers.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on backorders, stock order infill rates.
- Adhoc projects.
- Fulfil all functions and tasks within our ISO 9001 – 2015 Quality Procedures.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Standard
Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to use new skills and employer recognised qualification in an exciting industry