Functional Skills Tutor
To plan, organise and deliver training and assessment to a caseload of work-based learners against Functional Skills, ensuring timely achievement of qualifications.
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Role and responsibility
- Deliver remote, classroom and individual face to face training sessions to learners on Apprenticeship and standalone Functional Skills qualifications.
- Manage a caseload of learners to ensure timely completion through regular contact, review and assessment
- To create Functional Skills resource and curriculum as require
- Liaise with learners and employers to arrange appointments, following up learners, providing information and review at one to one meetings or workshops and monitoring progress against achievement.
- Meet key indicators for personal performance as directed by the Operations Manager
- Complete all administrative paperwork to meet funding guidelines and Quality Assurance processes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attend and contribute to meetings, workshops and other training sessions in connection with the post.
- Offer pastoral support to learners and colleagues when required.
- Participate in staff development and ensure continuous professional development in line with the post and agreement following staff appraisal according to company policy.
- Promote equality of opportunity, diversity, respect an tolerance in line with company policies throughout the company and all its activities
- Any other duties that may be deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the post and company.