Radfield Home Care - Apprentice Care Assistant
A brief overview of the role:
Support clients living in their own home to remain living independently
Duties will include:
- To help clients with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence to use and look after aids and personal equipment. With minor dressings, bed nursing, help with bed, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and using the toilet.
- To care for clients who are temporarily sick and may need assistance with minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, toileting etc.
- To help care for clients who are dying.
- To help promote mental and physical well-being of our clients through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To undertake light household tasks, changing beds, tidying rooms, light cleaning and emptying commodes.
- Assist with washing clothes and ironing if requested.
- To prepare and serve meals; assist clients with eating and drinking; wash up, tidy and clean the kitchen.
- To read and write reports, and take part in staff and client meeting and training activities as directed.
- To maintain the highest standards of hygiene at all times and use personal protective equipment provided. Report any illness to the office so that the correct infection prevention and control procedures can be followed.
- To comply with Radfield Home Care’s guidelines and policies at all times.
- To encourage clients to remain as independent as possible.
- Able to be caring, sensitive and patient while supporting people to be as independent as possible.
- Keen to work with people who RHC supports and demonstrate empathy.
- Enthusiasm to make difference to people’s lives
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills to understand guidelines, policies and records etc.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion at all times.
- Ability to listen and understand and respond to people, always putting the person that’s being supported first.