Oakleys Professional Limited - Trainee Accounts Assistant
We are looking for a Trainee Accounts Assistant to join our accountancy firm, based in Hereford. The ideal candidate will be keen to learn and enjoy working as part of a small team.
As a firm we specialise in offering accountancy services to the rural sector, acting for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and LLP’s.
Tasks and training details
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be working in our accounts production department.
- In house training and support will be provided by your team leader and colleagues.
- You will be working from clients paperwork and software systems, to prepare full year end accounts and supporting working papers, utilising our in house accounting software.
- Preparing and submission of monthly and quarterly VAT for our clients.
- General administrative duties in line with the above, photocopying, scanning, filing, etc.
- Use of Microsoft outlook, excel and word.
- To assist colleagues in tasks, as required
- Undertake such other duties appropriate to your role, as may be required from time to time
Skills and personal qualities
We are looking for a candidate who is keen to learn and enjoys working with computers and numbers.
A methodical thinker who is not afraid to ask colleagues for assistance.
Experience using Microsoft
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.