NHS Hereford - Education & Learning Resource Apprentice
A brief overview of the role:
We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join our busy friendly Education and Development Department, to support the efficient running of the education departments by providing customer services support to internal / external personnel.
- To support the efficient running of the education departments by providing customer services support to internal / external personnel
- To work as part of a team, communicating effectively and courteously with a wide range of internal/external personnel
- To support in the effective use of Learning and Library Management Systems by inputting of customer details, training requests and classroom booking
- To assist WVT staff in accessing training offerings both e-learning and classroom to ensure relevant and accurate compliance with training
- Provide administrative and clerical support to education teams
- Provide general advice and support to internal staff and external candidates accessing education and training offerings including responding to and resolved enquiries.
- Cover the reception desk in the EDC and Clinical Library which includes answering the telephone calls, and deal with as appropriate ie course bookings / queries, as well as inputting registers and any other administrative duties.
- To ensure that education areas are kept in good working order, which will include the shelving of books, maintaining general tidiness, well presented notices and orderly working/study spaces.
- Ensure answer machine messages are dealt with frequently and in a timely manner.
- Ensure rooms in education areas are left neat and tidy, windows closed and any training material disposed of accordingly.
- Ensure all training rooms are organised in a timely manner ahead of events.
- Collate and input customer feedback in a timely manner.
- To assist users with any basic technical difficulties they may face when using education facilities e.g. printing, scanning, photocopying, IT and e-learning enquiries.
- To assist in the management of the journal collection by receipting and chasing missing issues and ensuring that the collection is kept in an organised and tidy manner.
- To ensure longevity of all library resources by preparing and processing all new stock as well maintaining current stock.
- To carry out any other administrative duties relating to the library and education as directed.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
Training & Development:
- Be able to reflect on and take responsibility for own performance to identify both strengths and development needs
- To present at all times a processional approach in terms of conduct, appearance and punctuality
- To maintain and develop own professional competence
- Is able to consistently maintain standards of honesty, integrity, reliability and confidentiality.