Introduction to Microsoft Excel
This 1 day course is designed as an introduction to Excel, and is designed to allow new and basic users to fully understand the jargon associated with Excel. It also provides access to many of the shortcut features of excel.
No prior experience is necessary, and the course does not require any mathematical ability.
The course covers the following topics:
- Understand the Excel screen layout & shortcuts
- Understand basic excel terminology (cell, range, ribbon, highlight, drag)
- Formatting cells (currency, date, percentage)
- Using simple formulas
- Using simple functions (SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX)
- Adding new worksheets
- Inserting new columns and rows
- Absolute and relative cell references
- Freezing rows and columns
- Sorting data
- Setting margins and printing options
- Creating basic charts
After completion of this course, progression is to an intermediate course, which covers some of the more advanced function in Excel such as IF, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP.