Kinder Pocock - AAT Apprentice
Brief overview of the role
The role will include: Training in online solutions including Xero, Dext, G Suite and many other solutions Some admin work re: telephone answering, receiving post, looking after clients Xero and Dext data entry Bookkeeping Simple accounts production Client care Huge opportunities to learn and develop.
- Lots of training: to make sure you’re up to speed with the way we work
- Bookkeeping: using Xero and Dext
- Business admin: including answering the phone, scanning and digital filing
- Simple accounts preparation: you’ll continue to learn, and move onto more complex accounts as you progress
- Talking to clients: including asking for information, taking calls and passing information onto the team
- Supporting the team: you’ll be an integral part of the team, and helping and supporting us to make sure we’re all delivering the best possible client experience
You will be required to submit a short video introducing yourself as part of the application process.
- An open mind, and enthusiasm to learn
- Good tech skills, including Google Workplace, and good use of apps and devices
- AAT level 2
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good maths and English grades at GCSE or A Level
You should be a great fit with our core values:
- Be Curious: Being open minded, digging deeper, being innovative
- Share Knowledge: Continually learning and sharing knowledge with the team, our clients and prospects
- Do the Right Thing: We’re serious about our morals, and we always do the right (best) thing for you at the time
- Act with Happiness and Love: We’re always considerate of others (both our team, and our clients) and give without expecting in return
- Keep it Simple: We speak human and ensure our clients always understand what’s going on with their business
- Should be at AAT2 .
Huge opportunities to grow, either into a bookkeeping, accounting, or client co-ordinator role.
Jo Russell joined us as an AAT apprentice, and is now a senior client manager, with only 2 more ACCA exams to go! She practically runs the business!
Things to consider
- We are a very happy family team, but do expert hard work and commitment.
- This is a fast paced role, as we are continually growing and evolving our processes, using the latest technology.
- We are all about client care, so good communication skills and empathy with the clients’ needs is essential.
- We communicate a lot via emails, online etc, so good verbal and written skills are key.