Customer Service Apprentice - Hereford Business
Brief overview of the role
Local technology business are seeking a Customer Service apprentice to support with the department, in answering the phones, processing customer orders and completing additional administrative tasks.
Customer Service Executives must have the ability to prioritise, work methodically, use own initiative and work calmly under pressure. An excellent, confident telephone manner together with the ability to proactively build positive customer relationships is a pre-requisite for the role.
- Answering the telephone would be 60% of the daily duties & 40% would be administrative tasks.
- Provide accurate information to customers on product availability, lead times, superseded part numbers and pricing.
- Monitor and check orders received from customers electronically (EDI)
- Arrange collections from customers as required.
- Raise credit notes for returned goods.
- Monitor our delivery performance to ensure we meet our service level agreements.
- Liaise with our warehouse dispatch team to ensure on time delivery.
- Work within a team environment to provide cover during defined trading hours.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues, or escalate to management as required –Ensuring that the correct procedure is adhered too.
- Maintain customer databases.
- Provide internal support to external sales representatives.
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent relationships with UK based and International customers.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on backorders, stock order infill rates.
- Assist in training new staff members on systems and processes.
- Adhoc projects.
- Fulfil all functions and tasks within our ISO 9001 – 2015 Quality Procedures.