CJP - Accounts Administrator Apprentice
CJP Broadcast Service Solutions Ltd are seeking to recruit a Level 3 Accounts Assistant Apprentice who is looking to take the next step in their career. The role will require the Apprentice to be multifunctional and work closely with the company’s Technical and Marketing divisions as well as Sales and Operations. The Apprentice will be responsible for managing and maintaining the company accounts whilst also taking ownership of a variety of administrative tasks to support the Managing Director.
CJP Broadcast are working to exceptionally high-quality standards which mean processes must follow documented best practices. As such the Apprentice will be trained to follow a clear and documented process workflow. The Apprentice will also be expected to identify areas for continued improvement and assist the management team by developing and implementing best practices at all time.
On occasions the Apprentice will have the opportunity to be part of the CJP Live Production team covering sports events, where the Apprentice will be provided with live sports camera training. Apprentices will need to be highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and be able to adapt to new desktop applications and work-based processes quickly. Previous experience of using XERO or equivalent finance software is desirable.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure our accounts system is kept up to date and invoices are inputted correctly onto our accounts system.
- Taking Systems & Product Quotes in EXCEL and implementing these into XERO. Managing the sales admin/finance process from Quote through to orders, bills and invoicing.
- Provide excellent communication (telephone, email and correspondence) with customers.
- Adding new suppliers and customers to XERO finance system.
- Managing the receipt of payments and proactively chasing overdue invoices to a suitable conclusion
- Any other tasks that may be reasonably expected of the role including some general administrative tasks.
- Personable, with a strength of character to deal with challenging suppliers whilst having a flexible approach to achieve business needs
- Naturally inquisitive with an ability to interrogate and develop internal systems and processes with continuous improvement techniques
- Attention to detail, with ability to keep perspective and make informed decisions
- An excellent communicator (oral and written)
- Highly computer literate, including intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Proven experience within an office-based environment
- Client focussed, organised, self-motivated, with ability to use own initiative and work to tight deadlines
- Basic accountancy qualification and/or relevant experience
- Experience of working in a fast paced, customer orientated environment
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Strong IT (Excel), numeracy and literacy skills
- Confident telephone manner with excellent customer service skills
- A methodical approach, taking responsibility for own work, while working as part of a team
- Good time management
- Good Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to take on responsibility competently