Central Roofing - H&S and Administrative Apprentice
Brief overview of the role
Excellent opportunity to join an established roofing company at their head office in Hereford, to support a busy health and safety department with fleet and training administration duties.
Duties to include:
- Assist with the coordination of PAT Testing of Equipment within the branches
- Fleet Administration
- Assist with issuing Fuel Cards
- Monitor Tracker Reports – informing the H&S Coordinator of any unauthorised use or speeding.
- Assist with arranging MOT/Services, repairs and tax
- Collate Vehicle Checklists
- Assist with processing Driving Licence Checks and monitor expiry dates
- Any other administrative tasks relating to the company’s fleet
- Assist the H&S department in the preparation of audits and applications for Company’s H&S accreditations
- Data entry and document checks on the H&S software
- General administration duties for the H&S department including filling, toolbox talk uploads, scanning
- Training Administration- Assist the Training Administrator and cover during absences with the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Liaise with the HR assistant providing them with the relevant information for completion of training agreements
- Booking all H&S training courses and completing the delegate training booking process
- Apply for CSCS cards
- Scanning training certificates and uploading to system
- Assist the Admin Department with the booking of the training for new starters ready for induction.
- Checking the training expiry dates and flagging any renewals to the H&S Coordinator and Manager.
- Process Safe 2 torch cards
- Assist the H&S Coordinator with sourcing new training providers
- Any other reasonable requests from other departments
Desired Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Due to the variety of the role the individual needs to have excellent planning and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An interest or experience in H&S or Training is desirable but not essential.
- Team working skills
- Good time management skills.