Case Study - Leah Coulson - Dormy House Hotel
1. Why did you decide to choose this qualification?
I wanted to expand my knowledge and feel more confident in my job role. The qualification I decided on has opened more doors for me and my future. I learnt a lot more than I thought I would. Now I am using this knowledge on a day-to-day basis it has actually made my job easier and my confidence has grown. I would highly recommend anyone to do a course like this, as I really have surprised myself.
2. What did you learn during this qualification? And what did you find the most enjoyable?
I learnt how to deal with conflict within a team. This was the hardest part of my job for me, as I never knew how to deal with situations and how to move forward from it. Now I look back, this was the most enjoyable part as I was so nervous before and now I feel like I could deal with any situation and problem solving.
3. What was your employment status once you completed this qualification?
Head Receptionist and Membership Manager.
4. What where your goals/expectations before you started this qualification?
To be perfectly honest, I was at a bit of a loss. I didn’t know what I wanted to do as a career but after doing this qualification I know what I do and don’t like. This has made my future career path clearer and I know what direction I want to go in. It has built my confidence up so much that I have started offering to help with new tasks that I thought I would never be able to do but now feels like it’s in reaching distance.
5. Next Steps – What are your future plans and what do you intend to do next?
I plan to keep challenging my capabilities, now that I have the right tools to go out there.
6. Starting Situation – what was your situation before, during and after completing this qualification?
I was originally a little lost of what I would like to do before the qualification. Now I have completed my qualification and also got my maths grade – which I really struggled to get but refused to give up and had support from my assessor. I feel so much more confident and feel I now have the knowledge behind me to expand in my career which will open up so many doors for me.