Jordan Potter - Utility Alliance - Case Study
1. Why did you decide to choose this qualification?
Because I thought that it would be a good first step in my career path and it would teach me a lot of valuable skills that I could use to further my career.
2. What did you learn during this qualification? And what did you find the most enjoyable?
I learnt a lot of valuable skills including, IT skills and extended business knowledge. The most enjoyable part for me was learning about the different business sectors and how they work in different ways. This is because it is something I have never learnt about before and had zero knowledge on, so I am happy I am now a lot more educated in this field.
3. What was your employment status once you completed this qualification?
Full Time employed
4. What were your goals/expectations before you started this qualification?
My goals were to work efficiently so that I could finish all my work as soon as possible, I also wanted to gain knowledge on things that I knew nothing about prior to the apprenticeship.
5. Next Steps – What are your future plans and what do you intend to do next?
Next I would love to stay in the position I am currently in but in working at Utility Alliance.
6. Starting Situation – what was your situation before, during and after completing this qualification?
Before my qualification I was in sixth form, I was studying subjects I didn’t really have any interest in through the week, then on Saturdays and Sundays I would work in a local pub/restaurant for hardly any money. I had next to no money, no free time and not much life experience from a real working environment. Now I find myself in a position whereby I have gained a lot of skills and experience, after my working hours I get a lot more time to myself and also my weekends. And also I am earning as I am learning so I am able to do things I could never do before.