Business Support Assistant
Purpose of Post
To provide administration support to the Business.
Human Resources and Business Support Manager
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure all Completions are chased up promptly with regards to Standards, Functional Skills, Frameworks and NVQ achievements ready for the claim deadlines.
- Complete signups for applicants.
- Assist in the preparation and production of accurate data, starts, achievements, leavers for claims that meet the deadlines for return in liaison with your line manager.
- To assist with monthly reporting.
- Prepare and check all of the necessary paperwork for external audits.
- To deal with office repairs e.g. photocopier.
- To assist with development of new IT system integration.
- Chase up missing documents with your dedicated work based tutor.
- To cover reception duties.
- To answer the telephone on behalf of the company in a polite and professional manner and to ensure all messages are relayed via email promptly with as much information as possible.
- Day to day administration of the department including arrangements for meetings, workshops, test etc.
- Ensure all new learners are entered onto PICS accurately and audit paperwork is fully complete, liaising with Assessors where needed, ensuring all data is accurate and on the system in time for the monthly claim.
- To book and invite learners in for external tests/examinations in liaison with Assessors.
- Establish and maintain office filing systems.
- Ensure learner certificates are collected and followed up if required.
- Ensuring PICS/BUD is kept accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all learners are registered with Edexcel and City and Guilds update BUD with registration numbers.
- To action and respond to admin emails.
- To Input all learners onto BUD
- Prepare rooms for exams, training and invigilation of tests.
- To ensure all meeting rooms are left tidy at the end of each day, shutting all windows and moving signs back to vacant.
- To attend meetings, workshops and other training sessions in line with carrying out the duties of the post and/or representing the company.
- To participate in staff development and ensure continuous professional development in line with the post and agreement following staff appraisal according to company policy.
- Promote equality of opportunity throughout the company and all its activities.
- Any other duties that may be deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the post and company.