Business Support and Research Apprentice - Hereford Business
Brief overview of the role
We are recruiting for three different roles, and these have the potential to be adjusted according to the strengths of the applicants. Working as part of a team in Hereford, for a world leading risk management and assistance group. Providing clients with exclusively tailored and integrated risk, security, medical and crisis response solutions.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a dynamic, driven, diligent individual who can work at a fast pace, within a challenging but rewarding environment. The role would be in support of our Operations and Intelligence department.
This role is best suited to someone who:
- Is an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services
- Displays creative and proactive thinking and consulting skills
- Plans, researches, and can create a range of analytical reports
- Has a broad knowledge and understanding current affairs
- Is confident at speaking with individuals or groups
- Has the ability to use and navigate through multiple IT platforms and Microsoft Office
- Can demonstrate excellent coordination and time management skills
- Can confidently communicate information effectively
- Can identify when to ask for advice or further information
- Is experienced in report writing with good typing skills
- Can work unsupervised in a fast paced, team environment
The roles are being developed – and will likely be adjusted according to the strengths of the person identified.
1 x role is to act in support of our client facing Senior Intelligence Analyst – which will require research into potential or ongoing world events, quick summaries being produced as well as developing reports as required by clients.
1 x role will be acting in an assistant role within our 24 / 7 operation centre. This will include being trained to run technical tracking systems, answering client enquiries, manning phones and general administrative support to operational tasks as required. This role will initially be heavily supervised.
1 x role as an administrative assistant to multiple managers within the Ops Centre – maintaining company diaries, bookings, training records and so on.
- All roles require a good understanding of typical IT skills, word, excel, etc
- Reasonable to good standard of written and spoken English
- Understand requirements, quickly take notes, brief line managers effectively
- Time management – effective working, ability to identify and prioritise
- Foreign language speaker is desirable
- Sensible / Pragmatic – able to brief line managers quickly and effectively
- Good Personality – open, engaging
- Empathy – Ability to listen to clients
- Team player
- Motivated – looks for work