Burghill Community Academy - Apprentice Childcare Practitioner
A brief overview of the role:
We are looking for an Early Years Practitioner who will deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years, whilst ensuring that the preschool is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
Duties will include:
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To help ensure the preschool meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To understand and work to preschool policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To be a key person.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- With support – to liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives.