Balfour Beatty - Customer Service Apprentice
Brief overview of the role:
First point of call providing a flexible, efficient customer focused service in person and on the phone. Managing requests & general enquiries through phone and web reports. Responsible for timely logging of requests and interacting with departments. Providing strong customer service and administration service to the department and overall contract.
- Provide visitors with a first-class service at reception by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing appropriately. Ensuring the reception desk and surrounding areas are kept tidy, presentable and safe at all times
- Maintain office security ensuring all visitors are signed in, inducted & provided with a visitor’s badge.
- Responsible for answering queries and offering information in a variety of methods
- Provide a responsive service for all customer requests. Ensure that the telephone is manned at all times
- Ensure all appropriate information is collected from customers to enable delivery of a right first-time approach, resolving enquiry at point of contact where possible.
- Ensure requests through all channels are responded to in a timely, responsive manner
- All requests related to the service are accurately and timely logged onto the Confirm system and allocated to the appropriate individual.
- Develop solutions to customer issues in a proactive manner to remove the need for reactive customer contact, providing additional support to customer to appropriately manage expectations.
- Take deliveries and arrange for collection or delivery to appropriate persons or department
- Booking of pool cars, bikes, projectors etc.
- Booking of Training and Meeting Rooms, Travel etc
- General Administration tasks – daily office checks, general admin requests etc.
- Assist with the actioning of requests in the department’s inboxes
- Data inputting into Databases and Spreadsheets
- Coordinating front desk activities e.g. dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Filing, photocopying, archiving and binding as and when required
- Undertake office facilities management tasks e.g. calling out engineer to deal with photocopier issues
- Event/Meeting Organization, preparing the room, providing tea, coffee, organizing lunch. To include cleaning up after events
- Minute Taking
- Support ad hoc tasks at times of need e.g. consultation events, survey inputting etc.
- Undertake and be flexible to any receptionist/administrative/call handling task to support the overall contract as and when required
Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
Operational Excellence: Plans and organizes work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energized by change.