How the Adult Education Budget works
What is the Adult Education Budget?
The Adult Education Budget (AEB) aims to engage adults and provide the skills and learning they need to equip them for work, an Apprenticeship or other learning. It enables more flexible tailored programmes of learning to be made available, which may or may not require a qualification, to help eligible learners engage in learning, build confidence, and/or enhance their well being in the workplace.
Who is Eligible? (All criteria must apply)
- Anyone who is 19 – 23 years of age at commencement of training
- In full time employment in England
- Completing their first level 2 or 3 qualification
- Any business qualifies regardless of size, employee number or turnover
- 24+ years of age
- Completing their first level 2 qualification
- Earning a low wage (£15,736.50) per year
- 19+ years old who doesn’t have Maths or English at Level 2 will be fully funded
- 24+ years old earning a higher wage can be co-funded
What Qualifications are Included?
- Level 2 & 3 qualifications are included. More information here
Benefits of AEB:
- The Government is still fully funding training and development for your employed staff who are aged between 19-23
- This funding will not affect your Levy account if applicable
- Nationally recognised and certificated qualifications
- Substantially boosts your training budget
- No employer contribution
- On site delivery & distance learning available
Funded & Co-funded Meanings
Funded – Means that the government will fully fund your qualification.
Co-funded – Means that the government will pay a 50% contribution towards the training.