Level 2 Business Administration Framework
This Apprenticeship involves training in a number of mandatory and optional units which are designed to enhance your skills and knowledge across a range of business administration specific skillets. Mandatory units include:
- Communication in a business environment
- Understanding employer organisations
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
In addition to the above mandatory units, you will need to achieve a specific number of credits from a choice of optional units which include: Analysing and presenting business data, developing and delivering presentations, providing administrative support for meetings, managing diary systems, collating and reporting data, administrating finance, monitoring information systems, website software and data management software.
A Business Administration Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship is an investment in the skills you need to succeed in any business environment. These skills include:
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent ‘people’ skills
- An understanding and tactful approach
- Willingness to learn new techniques and methods
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time-keeping
Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied to all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector.
The exact details of your job depend on your specific employer, but typically you can expect to work between 35 and 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Part-time and temporary work is widely available.